On this picturesque wine tasting tour you will be taken from the Eternal city to a tranquil hillside Villa, encircled by vineyards and olive groves in the Frascati countryside.
What to Expect
Experience the essence of Italy in the hills of the famed Castelli Romani, as you soak up the rich history and enjoy a wine tasting in this half-day tour from Rome.
Visit one of the oldest and most beautiful vineyards in the Frascati region. With 200 acres of vines surrounding 17th century architecture and 3rd century caverns lined with french oak barrels, this is a treasure to behold.
Your guide will reveal the secrets of traditional wine making used here from antiquity through to the modern day.
They will explain how Imperial Rome became the cradle of wine culture. And you will also learn why the Nectar of the Gods went from being a status symbol of the elite to a pleasure enjoyed by all.
After enjoying the beauty of the vineyard and learning about the history of the area, we get to the really fun part. A guided tasting of Pallavicini’s specially selected wines, complemented with freshly pressed olive oil and fresh oven-baked bread.
At the end of the day you will be able to head back to Rome full of the sights and tastes of the Italian countryside.
- All transfers in an air-conditioned bus
- 1 white wine and 2 red wines
- 1 tasting plate of extra-virgin olive oil with Grissini (breadsticks)
- Fresh oven-baked bread
Know Before You Go
• It is the individual responsibility of all visitors to arrive at the tour departure points
• Unfortunately, guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated on this tour. Strollers or baby carriages cannot be brought on this tour.