See the sights of Rome on a 4-hour electric bike tour, and explore the historic neighborhoods of the “Eternal City” without breaking into a sweat! Make easy work of some of the city’s legendary hills, and marvel at monuments in baroque piazzas.
What to Expect
Discover why Rome is known as the "Eternal City" on a half-day electric bike tour, with or without a visit to the historic Basilica of San Clemente.
Meet your e-bike leader near Piazza Navona, built on the ruins of the 1st century AD Stadium of Domitian (Stadio di Domiziano). Continue to Piazza Venezia, where the white wedding cake building of the National Monument to Victor Emmanuel II was constructed between 1911 and 1925.
Make light work of Quirinale Hill, taking advantage of the assisted pedal motor to reach the panoramic views of Rome and the Presidental Palace. Next, go to the Baths of Diocletian (Terme di Diocleziano), the grandest of all the Imperial city’s public baths. Admire the modern façade of Termini Station, before descending to the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore.
Gaze in awe at Rome’s largest church. Then, cruise over to San Pietro in Vincoli (Saint Peter in Chains), a minor basilica that is best known as the home of Michelangelo's statue of Moses.
Navigate the Domus Aurea built by Emperor Nero as you head towards the Colosseum. Take a circuit of the mighty arena and imagine yourself back in Ancient Rome - albeit with the benefits of an electric motor! Continue to the Circo Massimo, where the blockbuster movie “Ben Hur” was filmed.
Ascend another of Rome’s hills for panoramic views of the Imperial Forum. Then, explore the narrow streets of the Jewish Ghetto, one of the oldest in Europe. End with a look at Bernini’s Four Rivers fountain on Piazza Navona, before dropping your bike off at the rental shop and going into Gelateria del Teatro for a complimentary ice cream.
- 3.5-hour bike rental
- English-speaking tour leader
- Audio receivers for comfort and safety
- Ice cream
What's Not Included
- Child seat (EUR 10 to be paid by credit card or cash if needed)
- Entrance fee to the Church of San Clemente (EUR 10 per person)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Pick-up and drop-off your e-bike from Vicolo dell'Aquila (piazza della Cancelleria - 50 mt from Piazza Navona)
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• The bikes are fully equipped with rear mirrors, disc brakes and shock absorbers for a comfortable ride on Rome's rough paths. They have racks in the back and/or front, and complimentary maps are provided to follow the tour route
• Baskets and child seats for any age are available on request. Child seats must be booked in advance and are payable on site by credit card or cash. Please note that if you choose the hotel pick-up option, you will need to pay for your child seat in cash to your guide
• Baskets are for free and don't need to be booked in advance
• Cancellation policy: 50% refund if cancelled at least 48 hours before. No refund after this term
• These tours uphold high levels of safety. The tours follow carefully planned routes which have limited access to traffic, and some have no traffic at all, so that you'll be able to enjoy your ride in total relaxation and safety