Skip the ticket lines and enter the Vatican Museums an hour before the general public arrives. On this half-day tour you’ll explore the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica in a small group and with a top-rated tour guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
What customers loved
"Early entry with a small group and an informed, personable guide. Highly recommend the tour to others."
"Informative Tour with smaller crowd"
"Giuliano was a wonderful guide. He was knowledgeable and engaging. So happy we booked this tour."
- Enter the Vatican Museums one hour before the general public
- Skip the ticket line at the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Explore the Museums with a knowledgeable guide
- Enjoy breakfast (coffee and croissants) before the tour departs for the Vatican
- Skip-the-ticket-line access to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s
- Admission and reservation fees
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Wheelchair users
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the local partner’s office. Please contact the local partner for advice if you get lost.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- Please note:
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
- The first portion of the itinerary is quite fast-paced. For this reason, it is not suitable for those with walking difficulties.
- The Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica require that all visitors have their knees and shoulders covered.
- Bags measuring more than 40x35x15 centimeters as well as tripods, large umbrellas, and objects that could be harmful to other visitors or damage works of art in the Museums, are not allowed into the Vatican Museums and must be stored in the cloakroom. Be aware that the cloakroom is a 20-minute walk from the ending point of the tour.
- St. Peter’s Basilica is an active parish and therefore subject to unforeseen closures for spiritual celebrations. In such cases, if possible, you will be contacted in advance with an alternative tour time or itinerary.