Small Group: The Complete Vatican Tour
From $76 per personBook now
- Gape at Michelangelo's frescos in the Sistine Chapel
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Vatican Museums, including the Raphael Rooms
- Skip the lines at St. Peter's Basilica using a special entrance
- Enjoy a specially designed route that shows you all the works you know you wanted to see and a few surprises you won’t expect
Your expert, English-speaking guide will give you eye-opening insight and context (along with some great stories) as you explore the Raphael Rooms, the Belvedere courtyard with ‘Apollo Belvedere’ & the Laocoön group, the Pinecone Courtyard, the Gallery of the Candelabra, the Gallery of the Maps, and the Gallery of the Tapestries.
The piéce-de-resistance is, of course, the Sistine Chapel. Your guide will prep you for your time here by telling you the stories behind the creation of the iconic frescoes as well as what they mean. When you enter, you will then be able to appreciate the full majesty of the room, spotting little details like Michelangelo’s self-portrait and the rather painful revenge he plotted for the Pope’s aide (he wasn’t his biggest fan…)
Skip the line at a special entrance to St. Peter's Basilica. Your guide will point out the most important features of the interior, including Michelangelo's Pieta, Bernini's Baldachin Altar, the magnificent dome, and more.
The Vatican is more than just a museum. It's home to the Pope and Catholicism and is one of the world's smallest yet powerful states. On this intimate tour, your guide will ensure that you get an overview of it all – from papal scandal to Renaissance masters and the day-to-day operation of Vatican City.
- Skip-the-line tickets and reservation fees for the Vatican Museums
- Skip-the-line entrance to St. Peter's Basilica
- English-speaking expert tour guides
Meet at the green bar (called l'Ottagono) in Piazza del Risorgimento. We meet just outside the green bar in the middle of Piazza del Risorgimento Square. This is the only bar/cafe located on the square. The bar is on the side of the square towards via Crescensio - close to Tram stop number 19. (Open in Google Maps)
There will be an airport-style security check before you enter St. Peter's Basilica; please leave liquids and sharp items at home.
Product ID: 49095