Enjoy early entry to the Sistine Chapel before other tour groups or the general public arrive. Once inside, you are free to spend the entire day at the Vatican Museums to explore one of the world’s greatest art collections in your own time.
What to Expect
With this tickets-only service you will get exclusive early access to the Sistine Chapel, providing opportunities for the best views of the legendary frescoes by Michelangelo and others. This express entry ticket guarantees that you will enter the Sistine Chapel 20 minutes ahead of any other tour group and a full 1 hour and 20 minutes before the general public.
Skip the long lines already forming outside the museums, and head straight to the Sistine Chapel. You will be escorted by a tour representative to make sure you don’t get lost. Once inside, enjoy unprecedented views of the otherwise empty room. Later in the day there will barely be room to move, but in the minutes before opening time, all is quiet.
Your ticket also provides access to the Vatican Museums. Explore the Vatican Museums, and wander the Papal Palace on your own for the rest of the day.
With your early meeting time, the day ahead is long. Your escort will leave you with a map, and an introduction to the most important museum sites so you can make the most from your time among miles and miles of incredible art.
- Access to the Vatican Museums 15 minutes before other tour operators and 1 hour and 15 minutes before the general public
- English-speaking escort to lead you to the Sistine Chapel
- Map of and introduction to the Vatican Museums
- Access to the Vatican Museums until closing time
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Meet the tour coordinator on the wide steps across the street from the Vatican Museums between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano.
Know Before You Go
• The tour goes straight to the Sistine Chapel to give you as much time as possible in the chapel. There will be no bathroom or water break, so plan accordingly
• The tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs. Comfortable shoes are recommended
• Unfortunately guests in wheelchairs or with any impairments requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated. There is also no accommodation for baby strollers or carriages on the group tours
• Entrance to the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. The supplier is not responsible if you are refused entry for improper dress
• Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours or tickets can not be refunded