Dark Heart of Rome: Facts, Legends, and Mystery Tour
- Hear Rome legends and facts on an evening walking tour of its darker side
- Visit sites you wouldn't visit on other tours
- Experience the Eternal City at its most beautiful under its evening illuminations
- Discover one of the first planning projects of Renaissance Rome
- See the Castel Sant' Angelo, site of Hadrian's Mausoleum
Your guide will bring the Eternal City’s most enthralling historical and supernatural mysteries to life in a highly entertaining and informative tour. You will stroll along winding lanes in the city's historic center, and hear ghostly tales that form part of Rome’s lesser-known history.
Departing from Sant' Andrea Della Valle Church, walk in the shadow of sights such as the Campo de Fiori, where public executions used to take place. Walk down the Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, and through the Piazza Farnese, dominated by fountains formed out of granite stone basins. See the Castel Sant’ Angelo, site of the Mausoleum of Hadrian, and walk down the Via Giulia, one of the first planning projects in Renaissance Rome.
- Tour as per description
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet on the steps of the San Andrea della Valle Church, located on Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, about 150 meters from Largo di Torre Argentina, on the left hand side heading towards the Tiber River. The church is next to Piazza Vidoni and Piazza Sant’ Andrea della Valle.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
• Guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated on this tour. Strollers or baby carriages must be left at home.