Colosseum Underground and Ancient Rome Tour
- Explore the underground tunnels of the colosseum
- Get special access to the arena floor
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum
- Benefit from fast track entrance and skip the lines
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
As you stand on the arena floor, walk in the footsteps of gladiators and imagine the roaring crowd. Get an up-close view of where the emperor, with a single gesture, would decide the fate of the warriors waiting below. Then, descend beneath the colosseum and see the tunnels that connected the colosseum with the Ludus Magnus, where the gladiators would train. Observe the chambers that would house wild animals and see the elevators that were used to release these predators onto the arena floor, to the surprise of gladiators and the delight of spectators.
Continue with a walk through the Roman Forum, Ancient Rome’s city center, followed by a stroll through the ruins of the emperors’ palaces on the Palatine Hill.
Please note that only small bags will be allowed inside the Colosseum. Prohibited items include scissors, pocket knives, aerosols, and liquids, even if less than 100ml (except for water). All children must be accompanied by an adult, children under 1 year of age are free. Please bring valid photographic ID as you will be asked to show this at the Colosseum’s entrance.
- Official guide
- Admission and fees
- Restricted areas (underground and arena floor)
- Small group tour (up to 24 people)
- Fast track entrance
- Palatine Hill and Roman Forum guided tour
- Food and drinks
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• Please be advised that the exact reservation times may vary slightly due to decisions made by the Colosseum administration office. These last-minute changes are outside of the local partner's control but if the time will vary by 20 minutes either before or after your original tour time then you will be informed of this change by email.
• Entrance to Palatine Hill and Roman Forum is with the tour guide escort only; you cannot leave the group and enter these areas alone as you will not have an individual ticket. For group reservations, the Colosseum does not provide individual tickets but one group ticket which the guide will use for all 3 areas.
• As per the Colosseum Authority policy, you will join a larger group (max. 24 people) for the Colosseum Underground section of the tour.
From US$ 115.95 US$ 92.76 per person