Access a restricted area of the Colosseum & see a partially reconstructed section of the arena floor. Enter the amphitheater via the Gladiator’s Gate.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2.5 - 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through express security check
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English, French, German
- Small group available
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Luggage or large bags
- Non-folding wheelchairs
- Glass objects
- Electric wheelchairs
- Sprays or Aerosols
Know before you go
- When booking for children under 18 years, a government-issued ID/passport will be required to prove each child is under 18 years old when entering the monument. Failure to bring an ID can result in the security staff refusing you entrance to the monument
- Tours will run rain or shine (unless the monument is closed by the officials for safety reasons)
- The tour can start at either the Colosseum or the Palatine Hill/Roman Forum
- The meeting time is subject to change. In this case, you will be contacted in advance
- There are mandatory security checks at all entry points to the sites. The wait time for the security check can be considerable during peak times/seasons and has nothing to do with the ticket line
- This tour is not recommended for school groups. If you are booking for a school group, please contact the activity provider as there are rules for school groups entering the Colosseum. Failure to do so will result in refused entry
- No knives, glass bottles or large backpacks