Experience the highlights of Rome and admire masterpieces of art and architecture on this full-day tour by van from Civitavecchia. Uncover the city's history and culture with help from your guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, German, Spanish
Select participants and date
Please take the free shuttles bus service from your cruise ship to the meeting point, which is at the end of the shuttle service ride. The ride takes about 10 minutes from the cruise ship to the meeting point. Your bus is located at "Largo della Pace", Civitavecchia. Tour staff will be waiting in front of the bus and dressed in yellow. It is extremely important that you are at the meeting point no later than 9:15 AM. Departure time is 9:30/9:40 AM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- Priority entrance to St. Peter's Basilica can be purchased just before boarding the bus. The cost is EUR 22 per person for adults, students, and children. The tour will be conducted by an official guide from the Vatican State. Your preferred language for the tour of St. Peter's Basilica can be requested when booking the service before boarding the coach
- On Sundays, priority entrance cannot be offered as per Vatican rules. It is extremely important that if you wish to enter the Basilica, you must have your knees, shoulders, midriff, and cleavage covered as the Vatican can otherwise refuse entrance
- Mandatory headsets are to be purchased while on the coach to hear the explanations of the tour guide. The fee for the headset is €2.50 per person for adults, students, and children
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- This tour will take place rain or shine