Escape the hurly-burly of Rome to taste exquisite wines in the beautiful countryside of Castelli Romani. Enjoy a sumptuous rural lunch at an ancient farm and winery and sample some of the best local produce.
What to Expect
This food and wine tour is designed to delight your palate with the authentic flavor and typical products of the Castelli Romani, a collection of towns in the Alban Hills, just south of Rome. The private tour takes care of all transfers and provides an opportunity to discover the origin of wine in an exclusive location.
You will get a tour of the historic cellars of Frascati, one of the most ancient wine producers of the Castelli Romani region. The region has been a popular summer retreat since the days of the Romans and still provides a vacation refuge for modern day popes.
After your tour of the cellars you'll get the opportunity to taste delicious white and red wines. Sample some of the delicious local produce, including cheese and vegetables, at a typical rustic light lunch. Finish with a selection of sweets, dessert wines or grappa, just like a true Italian!
Then relax on the short drive back to Rome and take in the beautiful views of the hills and the Eternal City ahead.
- Guided tour of the historic wine cellars with the owner of the vineyard
- Light lunch with wine tasting and local products
- Transportation from Rome to the Castelli Romani with English-speaking driver
Know Before You Go
• Comfortable walking shoes are strongly recommended
• The itinerary is subject to change due to exhibitions, strikes, or other events outside of the tour operator's control
• Up to 31 days before begin of the activity: full refund
• 30-0 days before begin of the activity, or no-show: no refund