Capitoline Museum Skip-the-Line Small Group TourProduct ID: 53321
From $59 $47 Save up to 20% per personBook now
- Explore Capitoline Hill and learn the history of this famous site designed by Michelangelo
- Enjoy a tour of the St. Mary of Aracoeli Basilica
- Admire works by Caravaggio, such as La Buona Ventura and San Giovanni Battista, in the Museum
Your professional guide will tell you how the construction on Capitoline Hill began, and how Michelangelo was commissioned by Pope Paul III to design the square.
The first square of modern Rome was created by the genius of Michelangelo, rising on the Capitoline Hill, on the site of an old village and the place dedicated to numerous temples to the Roman deities.
Step inside Santa Maria in Ara Coeli, built on the ruins of the Tempio di Giunone Moneta. Its name derives from a legend according to which a sibyl predicted the coming of the son of God, saying: Haec est ara filii Dei. This is the highest peak of the Campidoglio Hill.
Visit the Capitoline Museum founded by Pope Sixtus IV, and admire paintings by Caravaggio and other masters.
From the top of the hill, you’ll have a panoramic view of Rome that includes the domes of Sant'Andrea della Valle and San Pietro.
- 3-hour skip-the-line tour of the Capitoline Museum and St. Mary of Aracoeli Basilica
- Licensed professional guide
- Admission fee to the Capitoline Museum
- Headsets (so you can hear the guide at all times)
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up and drop off
Meet your guide at the main entrance to Santa Maria in Ara Coeli Basilica. Walk up the stairs and you will find your guide holding a Mea Tours sign. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 53321