Bike Group Tour Appian Way & Aqueducts ParkProduct ID: 64212
From US$115.49 per personBook now
- Cycle the Appian way
- Breath the greatness and the genius of ancient Romans
- See the Caracalla’s Thermal Baths and past the Aurelian Walls
You will be lead by an expert local guide that will provide you with all the best stories and explanations. You will see the Caracalla’s Thermal Baths and past the Aurelian Walls. There you will take the real, spectacular Ancient Appian way. The Appian way was built in 312 BC and was the most important route for the Roman Republic since it connected Rome to Southern Italy.
Along the way you will encounter the S. Callisto Catacombs that were built in the mid-second century and are among the largest and most important catacombs of Rome. During the tour you will be surprised by the magnificent ruins of Circus of Maxentius while riding over the original cobblestones posed 2.300 years ago by the Romans.
You will then be lead to the Tomb of Cecilia Metella, symbol of the Appian way and a great example of a burial site. You will enjoy the roman countryside all along the way while approaching the Ninfeum of Villa dei Quintili and the spectacular Aqueducts Park. On the way back you will ride through the Caffarella’s Park and see the Ninfeum of Egeria. During the tour you can decide where to stop and have your lunch absorbed in peacefull and gorgeus landscapes.
Your guide will lead you through an exciting journey into the ancient times where you can perceive all the magnificence of the Roman Empire. All the tour covers approximately 25 km (15,5 miles) and last 6 hours.
- Tour guide
- Carbon mountain bike or an electric mountain bike (not for childen)
- Guided visit of the catacombs
- Cheese and wine apertif
- Entrance fees into visited sites except catacombs
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks unless specified
Via Labicana, 49. Your meeting point is Top bike Rental & Tour that is near Colosseum metro Station (B line). When you get off the Metro station go left and then straight ahead. (Open in Google Maps)
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Dress code is smart casual
• Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• Not recommended for participants with back problems, with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• Not recommended for pregnant women
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• Children that weigh less than 23kg (approximately 4 years old) may sit in a child seat on the back of a parent’s bike
• Children that weigh more than 23kg may ride a child extension attached to a parent’s bike
• From the age of 8 children that know how to ride a bike may use their own bicycle
• This activity is for intermediate level of cyclist (it covers approximately 30 km)
Product ID: 64212