Best of Rome Christmas Season Walking Tour
From $50 per personBook now
- Let yourself be enchanted by the Christmas atmosphere, by following this Christmas-themed tour and visiting the characteristic market of Piazza Navona
- Visit all the most important sights of central Rome – including the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Piazza Navona and St Peter's square
- Better understand the history and culture of Rome with an expert, English-speaking guide on hand
- Pick up helpful travel tips and learn to find your way around the city
- Enjoy a scheduled hot chocolate/cappuccino break
This three and half hour walking tour does just that, visiting all the most important sights of central Rome and a few of its unsung heroes, with an expert, English-speaking guide to ensure that you get the most from your afternoon of adventure. Let the Eternal City enchant you, as you stroll through its picturesque cobblestone alleyways and discover some of the world’s most famous sites, all in a single afternoon!
The tour starts at the Spanish Steps, one of the most atmospheric spots in Rome. From there you trace a path past shopping mecca Via Condotti, through the cobbled streets of the city to the colossal Trevi Fountain.
Then pass through the Pantheon with its famous oculus, a hole in the roof through which the sun shines and rain falls. Perhaps the most beautiful square in all of Rome, Piazza Navona is home to spectacular Renaissance buildings and Gian Lorenzo Bernini’s beautiful Fountain of Four Rivers. During Christmas time this square is place of one of the most famous Christmas Markets in Italy, and you will have the chance to see it on this special day.
Before going to the Vatican City in St Peter’s Square, you will have a few minute break to recharge your batteries, in one of the most typical bars of the city center, enjoying a hot chocolate or an Italian cappuccino. The tour concludes in St Peter’s Square where you will admire the Nativity Scene and Christmas Tree.
Traveling in groups of 25 people or less, your stroll through the streets and piazzas of Rome will be hassle-free and unhurried, and your guide easy to hear and interact with.
- English-speaking guide
- Small groups of 25 people or less
- 1 hot chocolate or cappuccino
- Audio headsets so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Near the metro station entrance in Piazza di Spagna at the third of the five palm trees (at the central tree). Your coordinators will be wearing blue City Wonders polo shirts or jackets for easy recognition. Arriving by metro: Take metro line A (red line) and get off at the Spagna metro station. Follow the exit signs (Uscita and Uscita P.zza di Spagna) to leave the station building. Once outside, you’ll see a palm tree and a metro sign at the end of the street. The meeting point is just to the right of the metro sign at the central palm tree. Arriving by taxi: Ask the taxi driver to take you to Piazza di Spagna. When facing the Spanish Steps, you’ll see five palm trees to your left towards the north end of the piazza (near the metro stop). The meeting point is at the central palm tree. (Open in Google Maps)
• Unfortunately it is not possible to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. The supplier is also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on group tours.
Product ID: 58517