Augustus' Home with Colosseum, Forum and Palatine Hill
From $80 per personBook now
- Be among the privileged few to tour the newly opened home of Emperor Caesar Augustus
- Admire the brilliant 2,000 year-old frescoes and mosaics in the home of his wife, Empress Livia
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to Palatine Hill, the Roman Forum, and the Colosseum
With advance reservations and skip-the-line access, you’ll have more time to spend inside these iconic sites.
Learn about the Colosseum’s frightening and bloody background. Home to gladiators, the amphitheater was the site of countless executions as well as theatrical performances and magnificent mock sea-battles. Explore both levels and wander around its massive circumference as you imagine what life was like in ancient Rome.
Walk along the Via Sacra, or Sacred Way, as your expert English-speaking guide leads your small group through the Roman Forum. This area once flourished with festivals and triumphal processions as Roman armies returned from war. See the Old Moneylender’s Shop, Caesar’s Temple, and the House of the Vestal Virgins.
For years, only archeologists, historians, and restoration experts were allowed into the 2,000-year-old homes of Emperor Caesar Augustus and his wife, Empress Livia.
Now you will be able to see the colorful frescoes that have been restored to their original glory, as the houses have been opened to a wider audience. As they are so historically important, limited numbers of tourists are permitted to visit these homes of ancient Rome’s most elite.
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Small group tour (maximum of 19 people)
- Skip-the-line access to the Colosseum
- Skip-the-line access to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill admission tickets and reservation fees, plus exclusive access to the Emperor's houses
- Headsets for groups of 7 or more, so you can always hear your guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
- Food and beverages
The meeting point is at Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the Metro line B (blue line) Colosseo stop. Your guide will be waiting here wearing a blue City Wonders polo shirt or jacket for easy recognition. Arriving by Metro: On exiting the turnstiles, take an immediate right down the hall to the escalator/stairs within the Metro station. At the top of the escalator, go to the right and up the short flight of stairs to exit. Turn left and take the stairs ahead on the left to the small, oval-shaped square, Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the Metro with views of the Coliseum. By bus, taxi, or foot: Go to the Colosseo Metro station across Via dei Fori Imperiali from the Coliseum. Enter the station and take the hallway immediately to the left (opposite the Sandwiches Bar) to the escalator. You do not need to buy a ticket or pass through the Metro turnstiles to do so. At the top of the escalator, follow the instructions above. (Open in Google Maps)
• You may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. It is strongly recommended that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Colosseum does not have cloakroom facilities in which to store such items
• It is the responsibility of all participants to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs, so comfortable shoes are recommended
• Unfortunately this tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
• This tour cannot accommodate strollers or baby carriages
• Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. It is recommended that you bring a hat
• Please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours
Product ID: 55563