Visit the historic city of Assisi on a full-day tour from Rome, and learn the story of its patron saint, St. Francis of Assisi. Go to the Convent of Santa Chiara, and continue through the Umbrian countryside to Orvieto to admire the Gothic cathedral.
What to Expect
Escape the hustle and bustle of Rome for the day on a full-day tour of Umbria, one of the most picturesque regions of Italy. Rich in vineyards, olive trees, and hill-top villages, the most famous site in the region is the UNESCO World Heritage town of Assisi.
Upon arrival at this mystical place, learn about Saint Francis as you wander within the ancient walls. Built on the green slopes of Mount Subasio, the colorful houses of ink stone. narrow streets, flower decked balconies, and noble palaces provide beautiful views. A highlight of your time in Assisi will be a visit to the Basilica of St. Francis to see Renaissance masterpieces by Giotto and Cimabue.
After lunch, continue to Orvieto to admire the magnificence of its cathedral, a masterpiece of Gothic architecture with a glistening façade of stained glass, mosaics, and sculptures.
Soak up Orvieto’s charms, and marvel at the countless churches scattered around its historic center. Transfer back to Rome for a hotel drop off in the early evening.
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan for up to 8 people
- Pick-up and drop off service avalaible for hotels inside the Aurelian Walls of Rome
Know Before You Go
• This tour operates rain or shine
• No refunds for missed flights, buses, trains etc.
• Full refund for cancellations made within 72 hours of tour departure
• Please refer to your concierge for information about collection schedules. In order to improve the quality of the service and to avoid delays at each hotel, please be ready in the lobby of your hotel at the scheduled time