Rome: Colosseum Underground, Roman Forum & Hill Tour
- Skip the long lines to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Learn about Ancient Rome from a professional guide
- Get exclusive access to the Underground Colosseum and Arena
- Stay to explore the archaeological area on your own once your official tour ends
- Enjoy the best views from the Upper Levels (optional)
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
Get access to areas not available to regular ticket holders, including the underground level where the wild animals were kept before they went into battle with the gladiators. Enter the arena through the Porta Libitinaria and go up to the first level. Complete your experience by going further up to the 3rd tier, known as Belvedere (only if you choose this option) for a spectacular view of the arena and surrounding area.
Learn about the innovative techniques the engineers used to build the monument and hear how it has survived for hundreds of years. Be amazed as history is brought to life as you discuss the political and social reasons for the games and events.
Enjoy a short break and then enter the Roman Forum to get a better appreciation about what everyday life was like in Ancient Rome. Get breathtaking views over the Colosseum and Circus Maximus from Palatine Hill and stay as long as you wish at the end of your official tour.
- Skip-the-ticket-line entrance ticket
- Official guide
- Headsets, when 8 people or more are present
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the green kiosk on the right as you exit the Colosseo metro station. Look for a member of staff carrying a yellow label with the local operator's name on it. Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled start time. Please note that there is also an upper floor exit of the Colosseo metro station; please go downstairs.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
- Professional cameras
- Glass objects
• This tour is not wheelchair or stroller accessible as there is no elevator. Moderate amount of walking is involved.
• The order in which the sites are visited during the tour can vary; either the Colosseum or Forum and Palatine Hill will come first