Catch the train from Rome to the former harbor town of the imperial city on a 4-hour tour of Ostia Antica. Learn what life was like for ordinary Roman citizens as you see the main monuments of the commercial and military seaport of the Roman Republic.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 12 participants
Select participants and date
Meet at the Cafe Piramide opposite the Piramide Metro Station (Line B/Blue Line). You can identify the cafè by the red umbrellas on the tables outside. The scheduled meeting time is 08:25 for an 08:40 departureOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sports shoes
- Baby strollers
Know before you go
- It is the responsibility of all visitors to ensure they check and comply with the official COVID-19 travel advice and restrictions on each country's government website. The tour provider will not be held responsible for refused access to museums and tourist attractions and no refund will be due.
- Tour groups are limited to no more than 12 persons
- There will be a toilet break, with time for a snack and/or drink at the snack bar
- The tour service ends in Rome at the Piramide Metro Station (at approximately 13:00-13:30). You are free to remain in Ostia after the tour if you prefer. Train tickets are provided, but your return journey will be unescorted
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- In case of a transportation strike or other unforeseeable problem with the public transport system, a minibus will be provided at no extra cost to transfer clients to and from Ostia Antica.