Hiking burns calories, which means if you’re going to hike you’re going to need to eat, right? Well on this tour, your calorie needs will be covered. Come explore the great outdoors on this Cinque Terre nature walk.
What to Expect
This Cinque Terre tour starts in the heart of the village, first exploring down by the marina before taking the path that runs beside the sea. Along the way, take in beautiful views of the coast on both sides (keep those cameras handy), but this is only the beginning.
Catch the local minibus right to the top of the hill above Manarola to another village called Volastra. There’s some gorgeous nature up here, with olive trees, lemon trees, and vineyards — this is the Mediterranean paradise you’ve been dreaming of. This pretty place is also where the hike will start.
Almost immediately, take in the first views (and dare to say, the best bird’s eye view) of the Cinque Terre area with hundreds of farm terraces on the hills and the stunning blue Mediterranean sea in front of you.
Hike for about 1.5 to 2 hours before reaching Corniglia, the “middle village” of the Cinque Terre and a spot to relax. After a short stroll past the colored houses, take a walking break to taste the best local products including Ligurian olives, anchovies, pesto, focaccia, and Cinque Terre wine — and these are just some of the delicious things that will tickle your palates.
After these tasty bites, the tour ends back downhill at the train station.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Minibus transportation
- Food and drink tastings
What's Not Included
- Additional food and drink
- Souvenirs and items of personal nature
- Tips/ gratuities for your guide
Know Before You Go
• Please wear comfortable hiking shoes and clothes
• Note that the hike starts on top of a hill (about 600 meters above the sea) and in some spots the path is quite narrow with no handrail
• In case of heavy rain or thunderstorms, this hike can be too dangerous. If bad weather occurs, this tour will be substituted by the “Tasting Cinque Terre” itinerary. Alternately, a refund is available
• Travelers under 12 years of age are not permitted to join this tour