Hike to the highest point in metropolitan Rio de Janeiro on a medium to high intensity trek through the Tijuca National Park. Stop at the Vista Chinesa for panoramic views of the city below, and cool down at the cascades of a secret waterfall.
What to Expect
Meet your English, Portuguese and Spanish-speaking guide at 09:00 at a centrally located meeting point in Rio de Janeiro. Get an introduction to the epic experience to come. Then, travel by van to Tijuca National Park, and learn the history of the world's largest urban rainforest along the way.
Stop at the biggest waterfall in Rio de Janeiro, rising 35 meters from your feet. Next, put on your hiking gear and hike for 75 minutes along a trail of medium to high intensity. Wind your way through the forest, navigating the stairs carved into the rock, led by a chain. Continue to the summit at 1,022 meters, and savor the accomplishment of reaching the highest point in the metropolitan area of Rio de Janeiro. Take in the mesmerizing views of the city below, and enjoy some traditional snacks in the company of your small group.
Then, pack up and make your way back down. Hop in the van and drive to the Vista Chinesa belvedere for some wonderful views. Learn a little more about the Chinese history in Rio de Janeiro. Then, head back into the rainforest for a short 10-minute hike to the best waterfall in the area.
- Trilingual guide (English, Portuguese and Spanish)
- Traditional snacks
- Transportation from a centrally located meeting point
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Meet in front of the main entrance to Rua Sá Ferreira, 205, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro.
Know Before You Go
• This activity involves a considerable amount of walking/hiking (medium-high intensity)
• This activity is subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather (heavy rain, flooding, thunder and lightning), you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• The duration of transfers are approximate. The exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions