Get a deeper understanding of the social contrasts of Rio de Janeiro on a visit to the Vidigal favela. Hike the famous Two Brothers (Morro Dois Irmaos) hill, and experience one of the most interesting treks in the city. Get stunning views from the summit.
What to Expect
Experience the mystique of the Vidigal favela and discover a peaceful community that emerged in the city around 1940. Get stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean from one of the most interesting locations in Rio de Janeiro.
Start your hike in Vidigal, and experience the favela like a resident. Use the transport system that circulates the neighborhood and rub shoulders with the locals. Follow your guide in a group through the forest and head to the first viewpoint. Look down at the favela of Rocinha and see one of Latin America's largest slums.
Continue to the next viewpoint for a breathtaking view of Pedra da Gávea and Pedra Bonita. See Corcovado in the other direction before going to the summit of Two Brothers hill (Morro Dois Irmaos). From there, it's possible to see all the famous beaches of Rio spread out before you, including Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana.
Hike for approximately 4.5 hours to turn your favela tour into a true adventure. Experience the warmth of the Vidigal community and get a better understanding of the social divisions in Rio de Janeiro.
- Eco-adventure with a specialist bilingual guide
- Guided hike to the Two Brothers hill (Morro Dois Irmaos)
- Guided favela tour in Vidigal
- Personal accident insurance
What's Not Included
- Transportation (optional)
- Any item not listed in "what's included"
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Drug use or the intake of alcohol before or during the activity, as well as possession of weapons of any kind, is not permitted under penalty of cancellation of the activity
• When booking this tour, you attest knowledge of the risk inherent in the activities
• The itinerary and the order of sightseeing may change due to weather and/or adverse conditions inherent in the practice of the supplier