Head to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain by cable car to take in the spectacular panoramic views of Rio de Janeiro and the surrounding area. Head back down the mountain and make your way to Copacabana Beach and later marvel at the sunset from Arpoador.
What to Expect
Start out a special day in Rio with a walk around Morro da Urca before heading up
Sugarloaf Mountain on the cable car.
While you’re enjoying the stunning views, your guide will tell you some interesting stories about Rio. After spending some time at the top you’ll have a break for lunch (cost of lunch not included).
Continue on your 6-hour tour after lunch, when your host takes to the famous Copacabana Beach to visit the Copacabana Fort.
Enjoy some time relaxing on the beach and later watch the sunset from Arpoador, a spot favored by many Cariocas. Don’t be surprised if people around you applaud this gorgeous moment.
After the sunset your guide will accompany you back to your accommodation.
- Ticket for Sugarloaf
Know Before You Go
Please note the following:
• Rio de Janeiro is a city that can be hot, especially during the summer, from December through March. You are advised to carefully choose the time for your visit to the city.
• On long walks, it's advisable to use sunscreen, and wear a cap, comfortable clothes, and sneakers. For extreme sports, you’ll need specific sneakers and clothing, which the operator can recommend.
• It is important to have cash available, and there are ATMs scattered throughout the city.
• Try to carry a small bag/purse or even just a wallet in your pocket, and a portable camera. Do not carry large sums of money, jewelry, or expensive gadgets on the tour.
• If you are invited to someone’s home or to a party, which is common with Cariocas, please check first with a tour representative for a second opinion.