Enjoy an ocean kayaking experience in Rio de Janeiro, beginning in Praia Vermelha, Urca, a place of charming look and a unique paradise in the city. The beach has one of the most beautiful views of Sugar Loaf, an important local attraction.
What to Expect
The ocean kayaking tour provides a greater contact with nature as well as being an excellent exercise. You must know how to swim in order to book the tour. After a brief lesson, the ocean kayaking will start towards your main destination, the island of Cotunduba, located 1.8 km from Praia Vermelha. The island is part of an environmental protection area.
Paddling a kayak through these waters is a guarantee for you to enjoy beautiful landscapes and panoramic views of the Sugar Loaf, Corcovado - Christ the Redeemer statue, Copacabana and Ipanema beaches with Dois Irmãos hill and Tijuca Forest in the background.
- Canoeing specialist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Round-trip private transfer
- Certified equipment for use in the activity
- Lifejackets and other safety equipment for use on the activity
- Guided Tour to the Island of Cotunduba
- Personal Accident Insurance
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Minimum age is 18 years
• Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour, date or full refund
• It is recommended that you bring comfortable shoes, swimming suits, compartment for water, a light snack and sunscreen.
• Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.