Rio de Janeiro Colonial Walking Tour
From $200 Per group up to 10Book now
- Walk along Rio's most elegant streets
- Learn about the history of Rio under Portuguese colonial administration
- See the historic Travessa do Mercado
- Tour the Casa Franca-Brasil
- Stroll down Ouvidor or "Street of the Ombudsman"
- Enjoy a coffee in a fancy colonial café
This 4-hour private tour will visit many interesting points that date from the colonial administration of Portuguese America in Rio after it was moved from Salvador in 1783 and up until Brazilian independence in 1822.
You will be walking through some of the city’s oldest and most elegant streets, visiting sights such as the workshops of the Candelaria, the great candle makers of Brazil, Praça XV, an original colony of Brazil, and the historic street of Travessa do Mercado.
You will visit a cultural center at the Banco do Brazil that has been fully restored, and the Casa Franca-Brasil, one of Rio’s most beautiful colonial mansions and one of the first buildings in the city to receive protected status in the 1930s.
Continue to Ouvidor, or “Street of the Ombudsman,” and finally stroll down Gonçalves Dias, where you can rest at the traditional Viennese Cafeitaria Colombo and enjoy a coffee in glamorous century-old surroundings.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- 4 hour walking tour
- Experienced guide
- Public transportation fare
Hotel pick-up and drop-off is available from most Rio de Janeiro hotels. Your exact pick-up time and location will be advised upon reconfirmation of your tour.
Product ID: 17606