Hike the monolithic mountain of Pedra da Gávea with a specialist bilingual guide on a full-day adventure tour in Rio de Janeiro. Get breathtaking panoramas of the city, Guanabara Bay, São Conrado and the other mountains of the Tijuca Range.
What to Expect
Overcome the challenges of Pedra da Gávea on a hike and climb of the monolithic mountain in the C sector of Tijuca National Park. Climb the world's largest block of solid rock by the sea, and get fantastic views of Rio de Janeiro city, Guanabara Bay, Ipanema, Leblon, São Conrado, Barra Tijuca and the Serra dos Orgaos region from 842 meters above sea level.
Start with an ascent of Pedra da Gávea using a traditional circuit that only involves a basic level of rock climbing. Encounter several natural obstacles on the steep climb during the Carrasqueira section. Your guide will help you with all necessary safety procedures and techniques. No previous experience is needed, and all climbing equipment will be provided.
Once you have taken in the stunning views from the top, descend using a similar technique, and rappel down the rocks as your guide keeps control of the equipment for your safety. Relax and keep your eyes open for the native wild animals of the Atlantic rainforest of Rio de Janeiro along the way.
- Eco adventure with a specialist bilingual guide
- Guided hike to Pedra da Gávea
- Certified climbing gear for local use
- Personal accident insurance
What's Not Included
- Any item or activity not mentioned in "what's included"
Know Before You Go
• Drug use or the intake of alcohol before or during activity, as well as possession of weapons of any kind, is not allowed, under penalty of cancellation of the activity
• When booking this tour, you attest knowledge of the risk inherent in the activities
• The itinerary and order of sightseeing may change due to weather and/or adverse conditions inherent in the practice of the supplier
• It is recommended that you bring comfortable hiking shoes with good grip, a light snack, 3 liters of water, sunscreen, insect repellent and a backpack to carry your things