See the highlights of Rio de Janeiro on a 4-hour sightseeing tour of the Christ the Redeemer Statue on Corcovado Mountain, the vast Maracanã football stadium, the city’s Metropolitan Cathedral, and the Sambódromo. Enjoy panoramic views, and more.
What to Expect
Enjoy a half-day tour of Rio de Janeiro, and see all its icons, such as the Christ the Redeemer Statue, Maracanã, Sambódromo, and Metropolitan Cathedral.
Following a pick-up from your hotel, drive to Paineiras at the base of Corcovado Mountain. Then, travel through the Tijuca Forest (the world’s largest urban rainforest) to the Christ the Redeemer Statue at the summit of Corcovado. Marvel at the spectacular views of Rio’s mountains, bays and surrounding countryside.
Your guide will point out highlights, such as Guanabara Bay, the city of Niterói, and the Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon. Enjoy bird’s eye views of the Botanical Garden, Jockey Club and Tijuca National Park. Cast your eye further to see the beach front neighborhoods of Copacabana and Botafogo.
Next, go to the Metropolitan Cathedral, designed by the architect Edgar Fonseca as a modern interpretation of Mayan pyramids. Continue to the Sambódromo by Oscar Niemeyer to discover the most important venue of the Rio Carnival. Get an exterior look at the Maracanã Stadium Mario Filho (Estádio Jornalista Mário Filho) before the return transfer to your hotel.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
• The hotel pick-up and drop off is only available for hotels in Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon
• Confirmation of your tour will be received at time of booking
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Infant rates apply, provided the infants do not occupy a seat
• A current valid passport is required on the day of travel