Experience an authentic favela tour in Rio de Janeiro. Learn about the local culture with a local tour guide who actually lives in the favela and visit amazing places with breathtaking views.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Reserve now & pay later to book your spot without any charges today. Learn more
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English
- Pickup optional
- Hotel pickup is available only in the South Zone of Rio. A mototaxi will pick you up and helmets will be available.
- Small group available
Select participants and date
Meet at the Shell gas station located at the corner of Rua São Clemente 307 with Rua da Matriz, at Botafogo. At the station there is a store named "Select", we meet close to the store for easier identification, at the time scheduled.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- If the Santa Marta Cable Car is not operating on the day of your tour, the tour to the top of the favela will be done on foot with the guide, or you can choose to take a taxi (about Rs 15)
- Please bring some cash with you if you want to buy souvenirs or food and drink at local stores
- The tour can take place in light rain, so please dress accordingly and contact the activity partner team via whatsapp