Experience an authentic favela tour in Rio de Janeiro. Learn about the local culture with a local tour guide who actually lives in the favela and visit amazing places with breathtaking views.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 2 - 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Pickup optional
- Hotel pickup is only available in the South Zone of Rio. A car will pick you up at your hotel.
- Small group available
Select participants and date
Meet at the Shell gas station located at Rua São Clemente 307, in Botafogo.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- If the Santa Marta Cable Car is not operating on the day of your tour, the tour to the top of the favela will be done on foot with the guide, or you can choose to take a taxi (about Rs 15)
- Please bring some cash with you if you want to buy souvenirs or food and drink at local stores
- The tour can take place in light rain, so please dress accordingly and contact the activity partner team via whatsapp