Enjoy a 6-hour hike that takes you from the Atlantic rainforest of Parque Lage up Corcovado Mountain to the Christ the Redeemer Statue, the most iconic monument in Rio de Janeiro. Take in spectacular views of Rio’s bays and beaches from the mountaintop.
What to Expect
The Christ the Redeemer statue stands on Corcovado Mountain, 2,330 feet above Rio de Janeiro. Located at the beginning of the Tijuca Forest National Park, the statue is without a doubt Brazil’s most famous landmark.
Your 6-hour activity begins at Parque Lage, a green space that features Atlantic rainforest, a lovely old mansion and many century-old palm trees. The uphill hike will take around 2 hours 30 minutes, and when you reach the top you’ll be rewarded with a sweeping panoramic view from the best viewpoint in Rio.
On the return trip your descent from the mountain will be by car or van.
- Round-trip transfers from most hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema, and Copacabana
- Professional tour guide
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Christ the Redeemer admission
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• You'll be informed of the exact departure time when you reconfirm the tour
• Hiking duration is approximately 2.5 hours and is considered an advanced hike
• It is recommended that you wear light clothes and hiking shoes. Bring a small backpack with water, snacks, sunscreen, a cap or hat, and money for any extras that you might want to purchase
• The tour date could change depending on weather conditions and other variables