Riga: 3-Hour Soviet Ghosts Walking TourProduct ID: 66411
From US$16.34 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePrivate tours are available at your preferred time.
- See sites that are legacies of Riga’s Iron Curtain past
- Learn more about history and life during the occupation
- Taste typical foods from the Soviet era
On this 3-hour walking tour a local guide will take you to some of the must-see places in Riga. Visit sites that are legacies of the city’s Soviet past, and some that are symbols of Latvians' desire for independence.
You’ll learn more about the local history of the 20th century, including 3 occupations and miraculous movements towards independence.
You’ll see typical Soviet-era monuments and buildings, hear about life during the occupation and enjoy great panoramic views. You'll also have the opportunity to try some typical Soviet-era food from a Soviet-style buffet.
- Hotel pick-up (if private option chosen)
- Professional local guide
- Soviet-style buffet
- Public transportation ticket
- Entrance ticket to viewing platform (€5 per person)
- Refreshments during buffet (€1-2 per person)
Monument of Freedom in Riga/Brivibas Piemineklis, located in the very center of Riga (look for your guide with the badge and holding a Meeting Point sign (Open in Google Maps)
• The tour duration is 3 hours and a moderate amount of walking is involved
• Please let the tour operator known in advance about any special medical conditions or restrictions
• Don’t forget an umbrella (if it is raining) or sunscreen (if it is sunny)
Product ID: 66411