Baltic Sea Coast and the Jūrmala Seaside Resort (1 Day)
Pickup includedTour will depart from your accommodation located in Riga or Jūrmala.
- Get to know the Baltic sea coast line and Jūrmala city
- Climb the bird watching tower and walk the floating trail in Ķemeri nature park
- Enjoy small fishing villages, beaches and the nature of Latvia
- Marvel at the "Latvian blue cows" and wild horses
- Go on a relaxing 8 kilometer bicycle ride
After a refreshing and energizing walk trough the town, parks and beach, your day will take you further north up the coast line. Different beaches, fishing villages, a nature park with wild horses and Latvia blue cows, coastal roads and beautiful pine tree forests await you on this journey.
To see Latvia blue cows and wild horses, take a short hike on a trail leading near to a lake, a bog, through a beautiful pine tree forest where 22 of 32 orchid species in Latvia might be seen in summer time (May - July). Distance to be walked on this trail is 4 kilometers.
Finish the day with a nice and easy bicycle ride (8 kilometers long) through a peaceful forest, a quiet town and a beach where you are also welcome to go for a refreshing swim in the Baltic sea.
After your return from the bicycle ride and hitting the road to get back to Riga, shortly relax at a beautiful countryside home next to the sea where the local family lives and does blueberry farming.
On the lunch break you will be introduced to local traditional snacks and a non alcoholic drink that is somewhat similar to a bear, but you will also be offered water if this is not your cup of tea.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Snacks and soft drinks for outdoor picnic
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes