Rhodes City, Grand Masters Palace & Lindos: Guided Tour
From $1,147 Per group up to 16Book now
Pick-up serviceHotel pick-up in Rhodes. Your guide will meet you in your hotel lobby and will be holding a sign with your name on it. Please have your voucher ready to confirm ID and stay with your group.
- Explore the medieval city of Rhodes and visit the island's most imposing building at the Grand Master Palace
- Get panoramic views of the Aegean Sea and Rhodes Island from the Acropolis at Lindos
- Learn about the Medieval Knights of Rhodes from your expert licensed guide
- See the old city gates of Rhodes
- Tour a pottery factory and discover a craft that has been practised on the island for centuries
- Enjoy a scenic drive of the east coast of Rhodes, passing through forests and river beds
The 8-hour tour begins with a pick-up from the "gangplank" of your cruise ship, or at your hotel lobby. Traveling by deluxe motor vehicle, enjoy a scenic drive along the east coast of Rhodes Island, passing through forests and river beds.
Stop at the village of Archangelos for a tour of a pottery factory. Rhodes has been famous for its pottery since ancient times, and you will watch an interesting demonstration of the handmade pottery of today.
Continue to Lindos, said by many to be the most attractive village on Rhodes. Enjoy a panoramic tour of the village, with breathtaking views of the green-blue Aegean Sea. Walk up to the ancient Acropolis, and admire the majesty of the Great Stoa, the remains of the massive Temple of Athena Lindia, the ancient theater, and remains of the Temple of Dionysus.
In early medieval times these building fell into disuse. However, in the 14th century the Knights of St. John overlaid a fortress to defend the island against the Ottomans. Today the village huddles around the rock of the Acropolis, with a labyrinth of alleys decorated with enchanting pebble artwork. Before you depart, visit the 15th century church dedicated to the Virgin Mary, with its unusual belfry, carved iconostasis, and 17th-century wall paintings.
Drive to the medieval D'Amboise Gate of Rhodes City, where you will visit the Grand Master Palace, the most imposing building in all Rhodes. Built in the 1300s by the Knights of St. John, it was demolished in the 1800s before its restoration by the Italians during the 1939 occupation. Admire the gigantic palace mosaics, and walk down the "Street of the Knights," which remains just as it was 500 years ago.
- Licensed guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Tips (optional but appreciated)
Cruise ship pick-up is available. Your guide will wait at the bottom of the gangplank, holding a sign with your name on it. Please have your voucher ready to confirm ID and stay with your group.
• Entrance fees: Please have one person collect the "exact sum" of entrance fees to be presented to your private guide
• Children from 0-18 years are exempt from entrance fees
• Grand Masters Palace (Palace of the Knights): EUR 12.00 per person
• Lindos Acropolis: EUR 12.00 per person
• Please note that in summer months it is advisable to bring sunscreen, dark glasses, hat, and water
• Comfortable walking shoes are always a smart choice all year round
Product ID: 24421