See whales, and puffins in season, in their natural habitats on a 2-hour express whale watching tour from Reykjavik. Depart by RIB boat from the Old Harbor, and search large areas aboard the stable boats for minke whales, sea birds, and more.
What to Expect
See whales and puffins in season on an express whale-watching tour from Reykjavik. Marvel at the fauna of Iceland in its natural environment. Travel aboard a stable boat to search larger areas.
Available from 15 May to 30 September, the whale-watching express tour departs from the old harbor in Reykjavík. The specially-engineered RIB boats get you closer and faster to the whales and puffins than bigger boats, and can search bigger areas to increase your likelihood of viewing the wildlife.
Ride out to the islands to see puffins in their natural surroundings (not available after mid-August), and then head out further in search of whales and dolphins. Get as up-close as you can without disturbing the magnificent creatures. Specially-trained guides will enhance your experience and increase the chance of some viewings.
Return to Reykjavík to sail along the city’s shore line. View the skyline of Reykjavik from the ocean, and stop at the harbor side of the mesmerizing Harpa Concert Hall to admire Iceland´s most famous building.
- Specially trained whale watching guide
- Fully certified RIB boat captain
- Sightseeing in Reykjavik and a stop at the Harpa Concert Hall
- Warm overalls, gloves and goggles
- All necessary safety equipment
What's Not Included
- Toilets on board the boat
- Food on board the boat
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants for the 12:00 and 16:00 tour. There is no minimum requirement for the 10:00 and 14:00 tours
• Participants must be at least 10 years old
• Dress warmly for the northern ocean, and bring warm outdoor clothing such as a wool or fleece sweater, some warm headgear and gloves
• Sturdy shoes are recommended
• This is a small group tour with only 12 people per boat
• Please note that puffin season is from 15 May to 15 August