Set off on a fantastic whale watching boat to spot some of the Atlantic Ocean's most magnificent mammals. You’ll be on the lookout for minke whales, dolphins, porpoises and more. If you don’t see a whale, you’ll get to go on another trip for free!
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 - 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
This tour starts at the Special Tours office on Reykjavík’s old harbor, only 5 minutes walk from the city center. There are blue "Whale Watching" flags outside.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please consider that the best time for whale watching in Iceland is during the Summer months (from April until September)
- The chances of spotting whales may be lower at other times of the year
- To make your excursion even more pleasurable, be sure to bring warm and comfortable clothing
- Spacious and comfortable inside areas are available with larger windows for better viewing
- Please note that sightings of wildlife can not be guaranteed. If you are not able to see anything on your tour you will get a complimentary ticket to try again
- Please note that the tour is dependent on correct weather conditions. The captains will make their decision to sail based on many years of experience, always keeping in mind passenger safety and comfort
- Please be aware that the conditions may be rougher than expected when sailing out to sea. Please take the necessary precautions to prepare yourself if you are susceptible to seasickness