Search for the Northern Lights in the comfort of a super jeep on this several hour tour from Reykjavik. Discover the beauty of this natural phenomenon as your tour guide explains the natural phenomenon's origins and the lore and mysteries surrounding it.
What to Expect
Search for the Northern Lights in the comfort of a super jeep. Go where tour buses can't and learn all about this amazing natural phenomenon from an English-speaking guide in a small group setting. Discover firsthand why people from all over the world flock to Iceland in the winter in search of the Aurora Borealis.
The Northern Lights are a memorable site and everyone who has seen them will tell you why – they are completely mesmerizing. Given cloudless skies and a little bit of luck, sightings can occur from autumn to early spring.
The locals say that the colder it is, the more vibrant and intense the colors will be. Swirling and swaying overhead, the Northern Lights are usually greenish yellow but white, red, and pink lights also frequently appear.
- Pick-up and drop off service to/from Reykjavík
- Guided super jeep tour accompanied by a certified guide
- Photos from your tour – guides take photos every time the Northern Lights are spotted
- A Northern Lights hunt
- Hot chocolate and biscuits
- Use of an astronomical telescope
What's Not Included
- Pick-up from private apartments and AirBnBs
Know Before You Go
• Please bring: Warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, good hiking shoes, head-wear, and gloves
• Please note that hiking shoes, waterproof jacket, and pants can also be rented directly from the operator if notified in advance
• Minimum age: 6 years old