The tour takes us along the beautiful south shore of Iceland to the magnificent glacial lagoon; Jökulsárlón.
What to Expect
This tour takes us along the beautiful south shore of Iceland to the extraordinary glacial lagoon, Jökulsárlón.
We will pass some charming villages as well as Skaftafell National Park and visit Seljalandsfoss waterfall and Skógarfoss waterfall. Just before we reach the lagoon we pass Iceland’s biggest volcano, Öræfajökull glacier which has the highest peak of the island, Hvannadalshnjúkur (2110 m).
After we arrive at the lagoon we have some time to view this stunning area before we take a boat tour on the lagoon.
The boats that carry us are no ordinary boats as they are capable of driving short distances on land as well as sailing on the water.
Jökulsárlón started to form in the early nineteen twenties and is getting bigger every year. You will see many amazing blocks of ice that have broken off Europe’s biggest glacier, Vatnajökull, as they sail slowly towards the ocean which is only a kilometer away.
After a refreshing boat tour on the lagoon, we head back to Reykjavík.
- English Guidance
- Boat Tour on Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon (not available in March, April or October)
What's Not Included
- Food and beverages (there are stops at local restaurants and gas stations on the way)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• It is important to note that the boat tour on Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon is not operational in March, April and October, due to ice on the lagoon
• Tuesday and Sunday departures are also guided in German
• Saturday departures are also guided in French
• Pick-up starts 30 minutes prior to tour departure. Please wait outside of your hotel or guest house for the pick-up bus. Please make sure you provide your hotel details in advance
• Please note that the discount for children and youths is a family discount, and applies to maximum 2 children/youths per each full paying adult