Journey into a world of legends with this self-guided driving tour of Iceland. Experience rocky vistas, lush valleys, and flowing waterfalls while learning about the nation’s dramatic Viking history.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Valid 365 days
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Audio guide included
Select participants and date
This is a self-guided experience and not an entrance ticket. It begins at Tourist Information and Booking Centre, Laugavegur 5, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland. Be sure to check your email before you begin to download the Action Tour Guide app, enter your unique password, and access your tour. These steps require good data/wifi. From there, simply follow the audio instructions and the route. Have questions? Visit Action Tour Guide’s Help page: https://actiontourguide.com/faq/Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Charged Smartphone
- Your own vehicle
Know before you go
- This is an audio guide, no guide will accompany you. The app functions as a guide, an audio tour, and a map. This is not an entry ticket
- Please arrange for a vehicle before you take the tour. You only need to book one tour per vehicle, not per person
- After the booking, you will receive an email with a link to the app and a unique password to access the tour within the app
- This tour has been developed by local guides, curated by creative writers, and narrated by professional voice artists
- Most stops along the tour have animated videos allowing you to visualize what you cannot see, such as snapshots from different centuries or interior rooms
- This tour is valid forever, from the moment of booking. You will not need to change the booking if your travel plans change