See erupting geysers, hot springs, and the majesty of the Gullfoss Waterfall on a full-day tour. Follow in the footsteps of Vikings and descend the lava canyon in Þingvellir National Park.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 7.5 - 13 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Audio guide included
- Spanish, Chinese, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean
- Pickup optional
- Pickup starts 30 minutes prior to departure time. Please be ready and on the lookout for a green Smartbus. As each driver usually has a few stops, it can take up to 30 minutes to finish the pickup, so there is no need to worry if the bus is not there exactly on time. Pickup is available from most hotels, hostels, and guesthouses. Please note that in the city center, some areas are restricted for buses and the bus can only stop at certain bus stops. If you need directions to the nearest bus stop, please visit the city's web guide (www.busstop.is). Pickup is not available from Airbnbs or private residences. In these cases, it is recommended that you select the nearest hotel address or bus stop and request pickup from there.
Select participants and date
Meet your driver/guide at Reykjavík Terminal. Look for the activity provider's, Reykjavik Sightseeing, logo.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Outdoor clothing
Know before you go
- Available year round, depending on the weather
- Teens 12-15 years old receive a 50 per cent discount
- Children up to 11 years of age join for free
- There is no minimum number of participants
- There are no age limits
- Dress according to the weather. In Iceland, it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothing. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended
- Bring your own headphones for the audio guide available on the bus, simply because they will fit you best. If you don’t have your headphones with you or forget to bring them, earphones will be sold on board
- The duration of the tour is approximately 8 hours, including a minimum 30-minute stop at Geysir Hot Springs, Gullfoss Waterfall and Þingvellir National Park. At Geysir and Gullfoss, there will be shops where you can buy food and drinks
- The distance covered on the tour is 290 kilometers