Admire nature’s own spectacular light show on a 2-hour cruise from Reykjavik Harbor, sailing out towards the unknown in search of the Northern Lights. See their brilliant colors flashing across the evening sky, with views of Reykjavík in the background.
What to Expect
The stage is set to experience one of nature’s most magnificent phenomenon on this tour of the Northern Lights in Iceland, starting with an informative talk before boarding the Elding II in Reykjavik Harbor.
Docked just a few steps from the meeting point, where you can watch time lapse videos and look at images and information boards about the lights, Elding II boasts a nice heated lounge where you can sit down to enjoy light refreshments, or head out to the viewing platform wrapped up in the provided warm overalls.
Settle down for Mother Nature to start her tricks as your guide keeps you well informed and calls out once the Northern Lights begin. Of course, nothing in nature is guaranteed, but the expert guide and captain will always check the weather and forecast before the tour to optimize your chances of a view.
With the glow of the city in the background, set out in search of the spectacle from the darkness of Faxaflói Bay. On a clear night you may be lucky enough to see them swirling and dancing across the sky in dramatic shapes, colors, patterns, and sizes.
- Warm overalls, raincoats and blankets on board
- Naturalist guide to enhance your experience
What's Not Included
- Other refreshments on board
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Meet at the Elding Whale Watching boat in Reykjavík Old Harbour, Ægisgarður 5, 101 Reykjavík
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Once in the harbor you can visit the Northern Lights Centre and watch time lapse videos, or just look at the images, information boards and gifts on sale
• Like other natural phenomena the Northern Lights don't show according to the wishes of humans. They can only be seen when the conditions are right
• Photographing the Northern Lights requires some skill. Some people have mastered the techniques for years. Most say that it is not impossible to photograph the Northern Lights from a boat, but it is more difficult. This tour is not therefore recommend for those especially hoping to photograph the Northern Lights