Ice Cave and Lava Cave ComboProduct ID: 73984
From $338 per personBook now
- Combine two amazing adventures
- Explore the famous man-made ice cave on Langjökull glacier
- Experience the velvet darkness of the Lava Cave with an expert guide
- Great family friendly adventure available every day from Reykjavik
The ice tunnel or ice cave, is a man-made glacier cave high up in the remote highlands of Iceland. Your guide will explain how global warming has begun to affect the glacial environment, and take you on a magical journey deep within the glacier. You will see stunning blue glacier ice and wonderful glacier formations. The glacier is in constant motion and you can witness that movement of nature itself first-hand. The temperature inside the glacier is usually around zero degrees Celsius or 32 Fahrenheit, and until very recently what lay beneath the surface of Langjökull was a mystery.
After the ice cave tour you'll get back on board the glacier truck and head back down. Enjoy some lunch at Hotel Húsafell, and then go on to explore the mightiest lava cave in Iceland, Víðgelmir.
Your cave guide will show and explain the amazing features of the cave, e.g. the wonderful colors, lava stalactites and stalagmites. The wooden walkway with railings and remotely operated lighting make this an easy tour for almost anyone. You will also stop at the beautiful waterfalls Barnafossar and Hraunfossar that flow from under the lava field. This tour is family friendly and ideal for kids. After the adventures, you will take a scenic route back to Reykjavík.
- Free tour pick-up from your accommodation in Reykjavík
- 1 hour guided tour of the ice cave and all necessary safety equipment
- Caving equipment
- Knowledgeable local guide
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages
- Transfer in a specially modified glacier truck on the glacier
- No food or refreshments
Pick-up from hotels is between 07:15-07:45. Please be ready to leave at anytime from 07:15. If you would like to meet at the bus terminal in central Reykjavik at Fiskislóð 16 in Grandi Central, then be there at 07:30. (Open in Google Maps)
• Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, head wear and gloves
• Good outdoor shoes are highly recommended
Product ID: 73984