Enjoy a day hiking day tour to the hot springs in the Reykjadalur Valley with pick-up available directly from Reykjavik. See the hot water rush down the Hellisheiði mountains and pass the bubbling hot springs as you hike your way up the smoky valley.
What to Expect
Discover the wonder of Iceland on this day tour from Reykjavik. Start from the outskirts of Hveragerði and hike through the beautiful valley of Reykjadalur, where hot water rushes down the slopes of the Hellisheiði mountains creating the ideal place to relax in a natural hot stream.
The Reykjadalur Valley and Mt. Hengill are home to an amazing abundance of geothermal springs. See everything from small gurgling holes to large heated pools of water. After strolling past these wonders of nature, hike back down into the town of Hveragerði.
This is a great 7 km half-day trek that everyone can participate in. Get in touch with the unspoiled Icelandic nature on your own two feet!
- Guided hiking tour to the hot springs in Reykjadalur
- Certified guide
- Bathing in a natural hot river
Know Before You Go
• Please bring: warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and trousers, lunch, hiking shoes, head-wear and gloves
• The duration of the hike is 4 hours or 6-7 hours with pick-up service from Reykjavík
• Minimum age: 10 years old
• Please note that hiking shoes, waterproof pants and a waterproof jacket can be rented directly from the operator if you notify the operator in advance