1-Hour Helicopter Tour in Iceland: The Geothermal Tour
- Enjoy a 50 to 60-minute helicopter flight over Iceland’s most scenic areas
- Soar over geothermal power plants and bubbling hot springs
- Learn more about Iceland’s geothermal activity from a knowledgeable pilot
- Fly over deep volcanic craters and hot springs
Continue your journey to an area known for its lava fields and craters. Take the chance to peek into a crater from the helicopter and enjoy the views from above while sitting in warmth and comfort. Later on you will be able to see Iceland’s power plants that Icelanders are so proud of, and hear more about how it works from your knowledgeable pilot.
After landing in a stunning spot near hot springs, take some breathtaking photos to capture a memory of a lifetime! The flight concludes by flying over Reykjavik to give an aerial overview of the city before you return to the starting point, Reykjavik Domestic Airport.
- 50 to 60-minute helicopter flight with 1 landing right next to hot springs
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
Norðurflug Helicopter Tours, located at the east side of Reykjavik Domestic Airport. Nauthólsvegur 58d, Building 313, 101 Reykjavik. Behind Icelandair Hotel Natura hotel. You will be informed about your exact starting time by the local supplier after booking.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The tour may be subject to availability. After the booking, you will be receive the exact starting time by email
• The total duration of the tour is 50-60 minutes, which includes a 25-35 minute guided helicopter flight and a 15 minute landing by a remote geothermal area on an old volcano. Exact duration depends on helicopter type and weather.