Brave the chilly waters of Iceland's Thingvellir Lake and go snorkeling in Silfra lava fissure between the American and European continents. With amazing underwater visibility, this top-rated dive site can be enjoyed on a half-day tour from Reykjavik.
What to Expect
Snorkeling in the Silfra fissure is a unique and exotic underwater experience. Frequently rated as one of the world's top 10 dive sites, Silfra offers up to 100 m (300 ft) of underwater visibility.
The cold waters here melt off a glacier 50 km (30 miles) away, and make their way through lava fields to beautiful Thingvellir Lake. Although the chilly waters are too cold to support much in the way of marine life, Iceland's Silfra crack runs down between the American and European continental plates and offers amazing underwater views.
Admire views of Iceland's stunning landscape as you ride from Reykjavik to the heart of Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site. You'll go snorkeling in this amazing location for an hour with your guide, before returning to the warmth of the tour van and heading back to Reykjavik.
- PADI certified snorkeling guide
- Snorkeling gear
- Silfra admission fee
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• If you cannot swim you can still snorkel, however you must be very comfortable in the water
• Duration: Approximately 2 hours if you meet us on location / Approximately 4 hours with pick-up from Reykjavík
• Minimum age: 12 years old and over 45kg and 150cm high
• Good quality waterproof cameras are available up for rent as well as waterproof disposable cameras can be purchased from the tour operator