From Reykjavik: Golden Circle and Glacier Snowmobile Tour
Pickup optionalPickup from your accommodation in Reykjavik. Pickup will take place between 7:30 AM and 8:00 AM. Please be ready to leave from your accommodation at 7:30 AM. Because of traffic limitations, for some Reykjavík city areas, you will have to make your way to the closest pickup point. Your hotel receptionist can help you find out where that is. If you are staying in a private accommodation, please contact the local supplier to confirm your pickup location.
- Ride a snowmobile through one of Europe's last great wilderness areas
- See an erupting geyser and a variety of hot springs
- Feel the spray of the 32-meter high Gullfoss Waterfall
- Learn about the Vikings in Þingvellir National Park
Thingvellir (photo stop)
Geysir (photo stop)
Gullfoss Waterfall (photo stop)
Langjökull Glacier (snowmobile tour)
Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Þingvellir National Park, birthplace of the longest-running parliament in the world. Discover where the great continental plates of America and Eurasia have dramatically pulled apart to create a rift valley, clearly visible on the shores of Iceland´s biggest lake.
Continue to Geysir Hot Springs to discover the home of the original geyser. Experience the trembling ground and see the super-heated water erupt skywards from the spouting Strokkur geyser every few minutes. Then, take a leisurely walk down to Gullfoss Waterfall. Hear the thundering roar of the glacial Hvítá River as it cascades down 32 meters on 2 levels into a narrow canyon.
Marvel at the pristine nature of the central highlands aboard a custom-made super truck. They can drive across the rough, snowy terrain thanks to their enormous tires. Drive to the snowmobile base camp at the foot of Langjökull Glacier. Then, ride across the eternally-frozen snow and ice fields of one of the biggest glaciers in the world on a guided snowmobile tour. Experience one of the last true wilderness areas in Europe, and indeed the world!
- In-bus audio guide in 10 languages
- Pickup from your accommodation in Reykjavik (if option selected)
- Local guide
- Admission to the sights
- Snowmobile ride (2 people per snowmobile)
- All necessary equipment for the snowmobile ride
- Headphones. Please bring your own as they will fit you best and it is better for the environment. If you don’t have headphones, or forgot to bring them, earphones are sold on board the bus
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Driver's license
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
• Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, head wear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended