Embark on a trip to the recent volcanic eruption in Geldingadalur, visit the sights of Reykjanes Geopark, and soak in the Blue Lagoon.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 10 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Arrive 15 minutes before the activity starts at the central Bus Station in Reykjavík, the BSI.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please wear hiking shoes and bring crampons as conditions can be slippery during winter
- Recommendations of the Civil Protection Service are followed, and if circumstances at the eruption site are unsafe the tour will need to be cancelled
- Please be aware of the public guidance for hikers visiting the site. For more information visit the Icelandic Safe Travel website
- Hiking level of difficulty: Moderate
- The hiking distance is around 8km, depending on the lava flow, with an elevation of 300m
- Travelers need to bring their own face mask and are required to use it onboard all buses