Tour the stunning Golden Circle of Iceland and see the lava fields and tectonic rift valleys of the Þingvellir National Park where the Vikings held their parliament. Then snorkel in some of the clearest water in the world at the Silfra Fissure.
What to Expect
Tour Iceland’s famous Golden Circle on a 9-hour scenic tour, and snorkel in the crystal clear waters of the Silfra Fissure in the heart of Þingvellir National Park.
The amazing adventure starts with a picturesque drive to the geothermal area of Geysir, the home of the one and only Geysir, for which all other so-called geysirs are named! Watch as the ground gurgles and bubbles, and super-hot water bursts from the ground with enormous force.
Next, stroll down to Gullfoss Waterfall, the undisputed queen of all Iceland’s waterfalls. See the water rushing down two steps of lava layers with breathtaking power and grandeur before driving on-wards to the fascinating site that is Thingvellir National park.
Þingvellir is Iceland’s only UNESCO World Heritage sSte, and the original birthplace of the world´s oldest parliament, where the Vikings would sit to make judgements and laws. It’s also the site where the great tectonic plates of America and Europe collide. You will see the continental rift up-close as you snorkel through the crystal clear blue waters of the Silfra Fissure, one of Iceland’s best-kept secrets.
Swim in the otherworldly scene and see heavenly shades of blue. Enjoy the sensation of feeling weightless as you float along with the lazy current. Although the water temperature is only about 2 degrees Celsius, the super-warm dry suits you will be provided with make the adventure possible, and perfect!
- Pick-up and drop off in Reykjavik
- Tour of Þingvellir National Park, Geysir, and Gullfoss Waterfall
- Snorkeling gear
- Certified guide
- Silfra admission fee
Know Before You Go
• Please bring: warm and waterproof outdoor clothing, headwear, gloves, warm undergarment clothing (fleece/ wool sweater and pants), warm socks and a change of clothing. Good hiking shoes are recommended
• Please note: those requiring corrective lenses for eyesight are advised to bring contact lenses, as eyeglasses do not fit under the snorkeling mask
• Waterproof jacket and pants as well as hiking shoes can be rented directly from the operator for a small fee
• Waterproof digital cameras can be rented directly from the operator for a small fee as well as disposable cameras can be purchased
• Minimum age: 12 years old, has to have reached 45kg and 150cm