The Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis, are a spectacular natural phenomenon, often seen dancing around in fantastic colors across the Icelandic Arctic sky. See if you can spot them for yourself on this 3-hour tour from Reykjavik.
What to Expect
The Northern lights are caused by the interaction of particles from the sun's solar energy with the upper atmosphere of the earth near the area of the North Pole. This reaction creates this wonderful light effect, known as the Aurora Borealis. See if you can glimpse this sublime light display for yourself!
Glimpsing the Northern Lights are on the top of many people’s lists when visiting Reykjavik, therefore this tour is organized in such a way as to increase your chances of seeing the phenomenon. The locations visited change every tour, because you will travel to wherever it is most probable you will see them.
This tour is unable to guarantee sightings, as the Northern Lights are very unpredictable. If you do not see any of the lights the first time round, you are more than welcome to join the tour again free of charge.
- Bus fare
- English-speaking guide
- 3-hour tour searching for the Northern Lights
- Pick-up at hotels and guesthouses in central Reykjavik, 30 minutes before departure
What's Not Included
- Refreshments not included
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• This tour is not recommended for children under the age of 11
• This tour depends on weather and sightings are not guaranteed. Please check your emails for any updates before the tour and ask the receptionist of your hotel if the tour is running as usual
• Remember to dress warmly