Fridheimar Farm: Stable Visit and Greenhouse Lecture
- Meet and greet Icelandic horses and learn about their history and nature
- See the 5 different gaits of the Icelandic horse, ridden by a specialist on the oval tack
- Take unique pictures while enjoying coffee or tea with the horses
- Learn how to grow tomatoes in Iceland year round during a greenhouse lecture
- Taste some Icelandic-grown tomatoes
First, arrive at the stable and be greeted by horse experts and the horses. While enjoying a cup of coffee or tea, listen as the horse specialists tell you all about the uniqueness of the Icelandic Horse, their historic importance, and their use today.
Then, meet the horses inside the stables, pet them and take pictures. As a highlight, watch as 1 horse is shown ridden on the oval track. Witness the 5 gaits of the Icelandic Horse: walk, trot, gallop, tölt, and flying pace.
After this, head over to the greenhouse and watch a lecture about how tomatoes are grown the whole year round in Iceland. See the amazing bumblebees, that help to pollinate the flowers of tomato plants, and even have a taste of the tomatoes.
- Presentation about the nature and history of the Icelandic Horse
- 1 rider horse show
- Stable visit
- Icelandic horse petting
- Take pictures with the horses
- Coffee and tea in the stable
- Lecture about the agriculture of tomatoes in Iceland
- Tomato tasting
- Feeding and riding the horses.
- Table reservation
Prepare for the activity
Friðheimar, Friðheimar, Reykholt, Iceland. Please arrive 10 minutes before the activity starts and register at the reception of the restaurant in the open greenhouse of the farm. The Fridheimar farm is situated on the Golden Circle, around 1.25 hours away from Reykjavik.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Touching plants
• If you want to book a table to have lunch in the restaurant, which is situated in the open greenhouse, close to the stable, please contact the supplier to organize
• A bar is also always open during opening hours (12 PM – 4 PM), where you can get soup in a cup with a breadstick, drinks, and desserts (no reservation needed )