Explore the beautiful colonial town of Igarassu and the exotic island of Itamaracá on a full-day tour to experience the real side of Brazil. Sail by catamaran to Coroa do Avião sandbar to watch hundreds of migratory birds.
What to Expect
Discover a more authentic side to Brazil along paths less traveled. The 8-hour sightseeing tour from Recife visits the colonial town of Igarassu and the island city of Itamaracá in the state of Pernambuco. Tours are available either as a group tour in Spanish and Portuguese, or as a private tour in English.
Following a pick-up from your hotel in the Recife area, journey 30 minutes north to the beautiful colonial town of Igarassu, one of the first towns ever settled by Europeans in Brazil. Admire the enchanting 16th-century church of the Igreja de Santos Cosme e Damião, the oldest church in Brazil.
Next, explore the island city of Itamaracá, a tropical jewel of white sand beaches, palm trees and mangles, just off the coast of Igarassu. Enjoy optional water activities at one of Brazil's favorite water sport destinations (extra charges apply).
Explore the Marine Manatee Center to learn about these extraordinary mammals, and go to the 17th-century Fort Orange, built by the Dutch. Afterwards, sail by catamaran to the paradise of Coroa do Avião sandbar, and observe countless migratory birds building their nests.
- Round-trip transfer from most Recife area hotels
- Professional tour guide
- Catamaran trip
What's Not Included
- Food and beverages
- Entrance to Igreja Cosme Damião (approximately USD 2.00)
- Entrance to Peixe Boi (Blowfish) Center (approximately USD 6.00)
- Entrance to Fort Orange (approximately USD 3.00)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a swimsuit, sandals, a towel and hiking boots or tennis shoes
• Your exact pick-up location and time will be advised upon reconfirmation of your tour. All bookings must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the activity date