Join this tour for a unique opportunity to learn about the vegetarian Ecuadorian kitchen. A guide will teach you about the different fruits and vegetables in Ecuador. Afterwards, prepare your own delicious meal.
What to Expect
This gastronomical tour is a nice way to get to know about the cuisine of Ecuador. You will get the chance to learn about vegetarian meals and how to prepare them. In the morning, go to a local fruits and vegetable market with a guide and he will teach you about the different fruits and vegetables in Ecuador and also get to taste some of them. After that, you have the actual cooking workshop at restaurant La Cuchara de San Marco. This restaurant specializes in vegetarian food. Their objective is to care for the planet by the use of fair trade organic products, art production and recycling. They have an art exhibition of works crafted with recycled products for tourists to enjoy, so this is not just a gastronomical tour. Together with the workshop, this is an entertaining and informative experience.
The tour will start at the restaurant. From there, you will walk to either the Santa Clara or the La Floresta market where you will buy the organic products that you will use in the workshop. Your guide will explain about the different kinds of fruit and vegetables this country has to offer. You will also get to taste some of them. Then, return to the restaurant where the gastronomical tour will start.
- 10:00am: Start of the tour at restaurant La Cuchara de San Marco. From here, you will be brought to the nearest market to get ingredients
- 11:30am: A walk to the restaurant
- 12:00pm: Start cooking workshop
- 1:30pm: Vegetarian lunch
- 3:00pm: End of tour
- All ingredients needed for the workshop
- Bilingual guide
- A brochure with recipes and review of Ecuadorian food
- 1 local beer, tea or coffee
What's Not Included
- Transport to the restaurant
- Optional tips for the guide
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please let us know if you have any allergies