Enjoy a day away from the city by visiting one of only two inhabited volcanic caldera in the world, and the only one cultivated by its inhabitants. Experiment on your own the only phenomena that happens in the latitude 0,0,0 in Ecuador!
What to Expect
This day tour combines a visit to the educational museum built on the equator, Mitad del Mundo, with a beautiful horseback ride through the Pululahua Crater.
In the morning you start driving to the ranch where the horses are waiting. From the ranch, robust and amiable mountain horses will take you through the stunning landscape of this ancient volcanic crater – the biggest one on the whole American continent and one of only two inhabited craters in the world, with constantly changing sceneries and huge biodiversity. While circling the central lava cone, you'll witness volcanic history and nature, interesting geological formations, mineral avalanches blooming with wild orchids and traditional Andean agriculture.
The horseback riding time will be about 3 hours. Then you will have lunch (if lunch option is selected). with a panoramic view over valleys and cloud forest covered mountains.
Afterwards you'll continue by car to the Mitad del Mundo. On an interactive guided tour, you'll hear about the history of the tribes in this area. You will find out that this place is exactly the middle of the world.
Return to Quito at the end of the tour.
- Entrance fees included in Pululahua Crater and Inti Ñan Museum
- Bottled water
- All activities
- Professional guide hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Lunch (if option selected)
What's Not Included
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• Not recommended for participants with back problems
• Not recommended for pregnant women
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required